New Drupal Module: Privatemsg Bulkmail
One of my favorite modules for Drupal is the Privatemsg module. It's basically the Drupal version of Gmail, including a huge feature set for (almost) any need. For one of my clients, I needed to create a feature set that allows him to send internal notifications. Although the newest version of the Privatemsg module comes with the feature to send messages to specific user groups (in Drupal talk: roles), that feature didn't quite fit the required needs, so I decided to write a contrib module with a larger feature-set: Privatemsg Bulkmail.
The Privatemsg Bulkmail module is intended for site administrators who want to send out an identical private message to a large user base (100.000 users and more). An example use case would be an internal notification to all registered users through a private message.
Here's the description of the feature set:
- Send out private messages from a specific user (instead of the current user)
- Define a dedicated bulk message user and prevent that user from logging in (to prevent performance issues)
- Prevent users from responding to a bulk mail message
- Include AND exclude recipient group of a bulk mail. Example: Send out a bulk mail to all authenticated users that are not site admins
- Restrict the recipient group to users who logged in or signed up after a certain date
- Send an individual test message to a specified user before sending out the bulk mail
If you have a use case for this module, try out Privatemsg Bulkmail and leave some feedback on the issue page.