Drush Introduction - Live Blogging from Drupal Camp NYC 8
By: Robbie (robbiethegeek)
What is Drush?
- Drush enables command-line fans to interact with Drupal from (drumroll) the command line
- Any tools that work on the command line can be used to interact with your Drupal site using Drush
Where to start:
- Morton the king of Denmark: http://morten.dk/blog/got-crush-drush
- Development Seed Blog: http://developmentseed.org/tags/drush
- One doesn't install Drush (it's not actually a Drupal module)
- Download and install in ~/bin
Add an alias to your .bash_profile (basically, telling the operating system where this lives):
- Video Tutorial: http://civicactions.com/blog/2009/jun/10/drush_20_released_screencast_1_...
What can you do with drush?
- Install Drupal with a command
- Log directly into mysql (on the command line)
- Download modules right into the correct location for Drupal (a few at once)
- Enable modules from the command line
- Create database dumps
- Clear your cache (selectively)
So in a nutshell: Pure command line awesomeness. Great presentation!